Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dr. Nemeh on Dr. Oz

On February 1, Dr. Nemeh, the faith healer that we went to see in 2006, was interviewed on the Dr. Oz show.  My nephew and nieces got to watch the show had some questions afterwards and this is what I wrote to them.

Dear

I heard that you watched the TV show with Dr. Nemeh yesterday. Your Dad told me that you had a lot of questions, as many people do. I don’t understand it all myself, nobody does, but I thought I could tell you a little bit about our visits with Dr. Nemeh and share with you some of my thoughts.

On February 26, 2006 Dr. Nemeh came to our church for a Healing Service. Kevin was 1 ½ years old at that time and Uncle Jon and I were very worried about Kevin. Often times when people go to see Dr. Nemeh they are sad and scared about something in their lives, usually due to being sick or a disability. We told our family that we were going to the Healing Service with Dr. Nemeh and many, many, many people were praying for us at the same time that Dr. Nemeh was praying over Kevin. In fact, I remember that your Mom and Dad asked a lot of people to pray for Kevin too, and we did not even know them. I have seen a lot of good things happen with prayer, especially that day. It was just as you saw it on TV. Dr. Nemeh came up and put his hands on Kevin and said some prayers. Dr. Nemeh’s wife, Cathy prayed for Uncle Jon and a Nun was praying for me. It gave me a lot of peace being there and watching a packed church of believers. Even though I prayed for a miracle for Kevin, I wanted him to suddenly get better, we received what Dr. Nemeh said on TV a healing journey. It started with Kevin giving me my first hug. You guys know how much I love my hugs from you, and I felt like I had to wait a long time before Kevin was able to give me a hug. But it was well worth the wait and I felt like Kevin’s hug gave me a healing to my heart. Two weeks later, Kevin gained some weight too. He was struggling a lot with gaining weight and his medical doctors wanted to put tubes in him to help him, but I didn’t want to do that. So this was the next healing that we received. But probably the biggest gift that we received from the healing service was when Pap found a book, and Grandee read it, that led us to our good friends in Philadelphia. These are the people that teach us how to help Kevin get better. So this is how our healing journey began with Kevin. I think God chose this for us to give us faith, make us stronger, and to inspire others. People that we don’t even know come up to us and tell us that they are inspired by Kevin and his healing journey, and they are inspired by our dedication to him to work with him every day and help him get better. And did you know that Kevin began walking on the same date, February 26, 2009, two years after our visit with Dr. Nemeh? That is a miracle!

I think God sometimes gives us challenges in our lives to help us grow, especially in our hearts. So what I try to remember is to keep good thoughts in my head, and to pray to God that he help Kevin heal, and then I don’t mind doing the work to help.

When you pray, always remember that God knows best and that what you think you want may not be what is best, even though it is hard to understand. God has a plan for each of us. This is what “Thy will be done” means from the prayer Our Father. And don’t forget to thank God for all that he has given you and even if it seems he doesn’t answer your prayers just know that he may have something better in mind for you later on.

Love and Blessings to you all

Aunt Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment