Thursday, March 10, 2011

Parents with Hope

"Parents with Hope" is a website support group for parents at the Family Hope Center.  Tim is the Site Adminstrator of the website and posted this yesterday...and I thought I would copy and paste it on my blog to share with all of you.

A powerful visual reminder of our calling as parents:



As many of you may know, not only do my wife & I receive help from the FHC for our daughter Tori Joy (now age 5), but I also work at the FHC to help connect families through the website and in other ways. We live 30 minutes away, and 2-3 times a week I'll drive in to meet with families to talk with them about the website & other media opportunities we're working on.


One day not long ago I was walking from the kitchen area (aka "Cafe La Famiglia") to head back to the office area. A parent was about 10 steps ahead of me. In that parent's arms--lying horizontally--was a small child. The child's head was visible on one side of the parent, and the child's legs were visible on the other side of the parent.

As the parent walked slowly forward, the picture was unmistakable. The child was helpless. The parent was carrying the child and bearing the child's burden / need. It just reminded me that this is what each of us parents is committed to doing, simply because they're our kids and it's what we're called to do. The picture was both tender and powerful at the same time.

Be encouraged to keep taking the next step, one at a time, as you help & love your child. It is difficult at times, but we all know it's the right thing to do--for their sake, and for ours, since it's our calling to love them, having been placed in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Hello I write from Spain and I would like to ask you for your email to send you a short summary of our daughter Mia who has epilepsy and we dont know to decide between AIHP or FHC.

    thank you
    my email is kimaes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete