Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Rest in Peace Glenn Doman

OUR HERO, dedicated his long full life to help bring life to brain-injured kids.  I have tears in my eyes as I remember this dear man, because if it were not for his dedication and devotion to over half a century of brain-injured kids, my son Kevin would not be where he is today (no drugs, no seizures, crawling, creeping, walking, and more).  It was the summer of 2006 that we read Glenn Doman's book "What To Do About Your Brain-Injured Child" and our lives changed because we were given hope and a lot of hard work that has been well worth the blood, sweat, and tears.  We spent three years (2006-2009) with the Doman family and staff at IAHP.  I vividly remember Glenn Doman (at 87 years of life) walking into the lecture hall on that first day of our parent course and feeling so blessed and honored to be able to meet my hero.  He is like Santa Claus and Jesus all wrapped up into one amazing person.  He always began his lectures by asking the parents "Are you surviving?" and when we responded yes he would say "Good, that's the name of the game."  And I always try to remember the wisdom he gave us, he said we have to look both ways...how far we have to go AND how far we have come.

"Champion of every child on earth, he never gave up on any child, his dream of better kids for a better world lives on." Upon hearing the news of his death, my Mom said, "I'm sure he has gotten a grand welcome into heaven!" God Bless!


March 2007



No comments:

Post a Comment