Thursday, October 17, 2013

A New Heart and A Little Guy with a Big Heart

On September 9, 2013, Kevin's Pap received a most precious gift...a new heart! Last summer we were told that there was nothing more they could do for my Dad's heart and a heart transplant would be the next step. We feel very blessed that we were able to have a family vacation at Myrtle Beach this past June 2013 but then at the end of July 2013 Dad was back in the hospital. On August 8, 2013 Dad was put at the top of The List for a heart transplant and 31 days later he received The Call that he would be receiving his new heart. It will be a long recovery but we are happy to report that he is home and doing well.


This is a picture that was taken of Kevin and Pap while he was in the hospital waiting for his new heart. When we arrived, Kevin sat next to him and put his head on my Dad's heart! Kevin is a little guy with a big heart!

Kevin and I were actually lucky enough to be visiting my Dad and Mom in the hospital when they received The Call that he would be getting his heart...a moment I will never forget!

One more story about my Dad...Three days after the transplant surgery, I returned home and was sitting on the couch with Kevin. I was talking on the phone with my sister getting the latest update on my Dad and then I heard my Mom's voice. I looked over at Kevin sitting next to me on the couch with the iPad and saw my Mom and Dad on the screen. Kevin had called my Mom through FaceTime on the iPad. It was a good idea Kevin had so we could see their face and hear their voice. But he did surprise me and give us a good laugh!



This picture was taken just a few hours before Dad got The Call for his NEW HEART







1 comment: