Friday, August 22, 2014

Bison Bone Cooked to Shreds

This is what a bison bone looks like after you cook it to shreds! And it is still making good bone broth to help heal the gut and aid digestion.

I have been making bone broths for Kevin since we were introduced to the GAPS diet a few years ago. We are not following the specific GAPS diet anymore but I continue to make the bone broths. I use 2 cups of bone broth to cook his vegetables in every morning and then just add the left over liquid to the meals. It's really easy. I just always cook his meat in the crock pot and save the broth. When I cut up the meat I save the bones and fat in a ziplock and freeze until I need more broth and cook in the crock pot for at least 24 hours. The chicken bones I normally only cook once more but this bison bone I cooked at least 6 different times. To find out more about these homemade broths and why they are so healing for the gut go to www.gapsdiet.com. And if you need help finding good meat and bones to use, find your local farmers at www.localharvest.org. If you live in our area we have been using www.redrunbison.com for years.




No comments:

Post a Comment