Tuesday, December 16, 2014

10 Visits with FHC



We received these beautiful flowers from the Family Hope Center
to congratulate us on Kevin's 10th visit.


I copied what I wrote in a previous post below and added some pictures.

Kevin is 10 years old and we had our TENTH visit with The Family Hope Center in Norristown, Pennsylvania. FHC recognized this milestone visit by presenting Kevin with a personal gift. He received a backpack and a Superman T-shirt. Matthew reminded us that in “Man of Steel” (the 2013 Superman movie) we are told that the “S” on Superman’s chest is the Kryptonian symbol for “hope”. Henry Cavill, who plays Superman in the movie says that “It’s that hope against the odds, to beat all odds, no matter how steep or how grand and it’s just standing up and facing the troubles and going I will not surrender.” Here are some odds that Kevin beat in the last six months! Kevin made 5 chart changes and 5 quality changes giving him 3 months of neurological growth. His gains on the Integrative and Developmental Progression Chart were in Reading, Understanding, Tactility, and Emotional/Social categories.




The FHC Team
 I have high hopes for the year 2015. I’ll share a secret with you. After this revisit, I had a dream. I dreamt that Kevin said his first sentence. He said “I want ____”. I don’t remember what it was that he wanted but I do remember that he said it twice in the dream. This is the first time I can remember dreaming (while sleeping) of Kevin talking. Please continue to keep Kevin in your prayers for healing. And we will continue dreaming and working hard.



2 comments:

  1. He IS Superman! And you are Supermom! What a nice report. I especially love the close up of you beaming and proud,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Awesome!!! Congratulations Kevin on your progress! Gretchen Phelps

    ReplyDelete