Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Prayers for Kevin on Feb. 26

I’m asking for prayers during Kevin’s appointment with Dr. Nemeh tomorrow, Thursday, Feb. 26 at 3:00pm.

In case you haven’t heard this awesome story…read on.

Our church is holding this 7 week series called Christ Life. I knew I should probably sign up but was finding excuses (one was a good excuse - evening enemas with Kevin) but some not so good (I have to put on “real people” clothes and go out at night). So the morning of, I see a Facebook post mentioning it and decide to at least call church and see if there was still room to sign up, they were able to squeeze me in...and I FINALLY said Yes. After all, I have declared this year to be a year of blessings for us. Plus I knew once I went to Christ Life I would be glad I did and of course I was and am glad I am participating.

So now you are wondering what this Christ Life series has to do with Dr. Nemeh. We are assigned to small groups in Christ Life and OF COURSE a certain person (who would prefer to remain anonymous and I will now refer to as Friend) was assigned to my table. When we first met a few years ago (in a similar small group at bible study), Friend said to me…”I know who you are, your son is the reason I went to Dr. Nemeh and was healed from my terminal illness.” I don’t see Friend very often, so I was very happy to see this unforgettable friend at my table. Friend asked if we had been back to see Dr. Nemeh and I said no. Friend told me that the Nemeh’s and Trapper (the radio guy that covered our last appointment) ask about us. Friend asked about Kevin and I said things are ok - not wanting to be pessimistic about things but also always hoping things were better for Kevin. I told Friend that Kevin had surgery on his ankles last year and while the surgery did what it was supposed to do it has not corrected all the problems Kevin has in regards to his walking - and that we are really struggling in this area. Later in the evening, during a break, Friend comes up to me and gives me Dr. Nemeh’s business card and told me to call for an appointment and that friend will cover the cost of the appointment. So needless to say, this first night of class left me utterly speechless!

There’s more to this awesome story…
Before I was able to call Dr. Nemeh’s office - they called me. Friend was there with a friend and had the office call me to set up the appointment. The office started giving me dates for an appointment and when she said the first available was February 26 - I couldn’t believe it, because I knew instantly that the same date, February 26 in 2006 was when our church had the Healing Service with Dr. Nemeh. In case you don’t know or remember that story - Kevin was about 1 1/2 years old at that time and the next night, I received my first hug when he wrapped his right arm around my neck - I will never forget it! It took me some time later to realize that it was that following June that my Mom discovered the book by Glenn Doman that changed our world and gave us hope for Kevin - which I attribute to the Healing Service. AND in 2009 on February 26 was when Kevin took his first steps and began to walk - which is a direct result of finding Glenn Doman through Divine Intervention from the Healing Service - not to mention a lot of helpers (from neighbors and our church) and Kevin’s hard work. 

So, of course I said we wanted our appointment with Dr. Nemeh to be on February 26!!!!
This is exactly what we need - some HOPE!!!!

Another friend in my small group table pointed out that our 3pm appointment is the hour of Divine Mercy.

This is an appointment for medical treatment. On drnemeh.com it states that “Dr. Nemeh’s primary method of patient treatment and diagnosis is called Meridian Regulatory Acupuncture. Meridian Regulatory Acupuncture (MRA) is different from traditional Chinese acupuncture. MRA consists of two parts, a diagnostic procedures and a treatment procedure. This treatment is painless and is performed with a small, single needle that is temporary inserted at various points on the body, usually for just a few seconds.” "Please note that Dr. Nemeh does not offer private prayer sessions through his medical practice. While the doctor may pray silently to himself during a medical office visit, those who are interested in only prayer and do not want medical treatment should visit PathToFaith.com for information on personalized prayer sessions and upcoming healing services.”

But from the stories Friend has shared with me - Friend’s personal experience and those witnessed - there is still a lot of healing happening in that medical office.
Ultimately we are always striving towards more progress for Kevin, especially in regards to walking and talking, but as we discovered in 2006, it may not be an instant healing, it may be something just as important like Hope. 

Thy Will Be Done

This is Kevin with Dr. Nemeh during our last visit in 2009

Love & Blessings to you all

1 comment:

  1. Sending good thoughts your way and can't wait for the update!

    ReplyDelete