Saturday, November 21, 2015

RubberDucks and Cavaliers


We were finally brave enough to take Kevin to his first Minor League Baseball game. Over the summer we were given free tickets through Summit DD so we thought it was worth a try. I wouldn’t say he was excited to be there but I was very surprised that the sounds and stimulation didn’t seem to bother him - he didn’t even need to wear the noise canceling headphones.


On October 30, Kevin went to his first NBA game. Jon’s new boss invited us to the Cavs home opener in a loge. I thought this would be a better option bringing Kevin with us, not being sure if he would be able to tolerate the noise - but the loge was open and not a place to escape from the sounds and stimulation. Kevin did need to wear the noise canceling headphones during the game. He seemed to enjoy watching people and the lights. And after he had his favorite snack his energy perked up and he was smiling and interacting with the other guests - which helped me relax and enjoy myself.



And since I am talking about tolerating noise and stimulation - I’ll mention here that Kevin is tolerating clapping in church so much better - just this month as a matter of fact. He doesn’t grab my hands to put over his ears - he hardly startles - lets hope this new tolerance sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment