Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Merry Christmas 2015

I realized another Big Blessing this year for Christmas. In the past, (no matter how hard I try not to) I always feel a little sad at Christmas because Kevin doesn't get excited about any aspect of Christmas gifts. I know this isn't a bad thing but I feel like I've missed out on that Christmas morning excitement. This year I realized that Kevin experiences that Christmas morning excitement every time we are with my family. Every time we visit or they visit us Kevin is full of anticipation before the visit and we can predict that the first morning of the visit, Kevin will wake up very early - like "Christmas morning early" so that he can have snuggle/giggle time in bed with Grandee and Pap. I love this blessing and I wouldn't want it any other way! We don't have to wait until Christmas to have that magic moment and it is over family (people) not gifts (things). I also want to thank Santa for always delivering the Big Red Bag full of gifts for Kevin and all his cousins - because even though Kevin may not get excited, the Cousin's do and it is a treat for me to see the kids excitement and of course to be with family! Next year, I think we will skip the gifts between Jon, Kevin, and myself and just spend a day together doing something we all enjoy. 





Playing with the train at Grandma's
Playing with Cousin Ethan
New Christmas Pajamas!

Annual Sled Photo
The annual sled photo rarely has snow to go with it


The Santa Bag!
Snoopy!

Fr. John

LOL!
Pap's Train






2 comments: