Thursday, June 23, 2016

Aquatic Therapy

I wish we had done this a long time ago! Kevin had his first round of Aquatic therapy in May and June. Kevin has always loved the water. I had tried a swim class at one point but it didn't really fit Kevin's needs. I wasn't even aware that aquatic therapy was offered and we have seen lots of good stuff in the pool during these 5 weeks. I am in the pool with them so I can see and learn what to do in the water with Kevin when I take him on my own.

During Kevin's very first session he kicked his left leg a couple times!!! By the fourth session he was kicking and alternating left and right legs - AMAZING!!! And he is putting his face under water!!! I love this therapist and I can tell she loves what she does.

You may have read my "Handicap Accessible" post where I described my dissatisfaction with the lack of accessibility in the facility for parents with children of the opposite sex plus other handicap accessibility issues. I am pleased to say that the facility has made an effort to accommodate us and listened to most of my concerns making it possible to shower Kevin after swimming.




2 comments:

  1. Hi. My name is Neil Rainey, and my son is going to be having the hypro cure surgery. We live in northeast Ohio and were hoping to talk to you about your experiences with your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be happy to talk to you. I found you on FB and sent you a message.

      Delete