Thursday, March 23, 2017

Dance Unlimited - Spring Session

Kevin has a dance helper! Abby is a junior in high school that we met through our awesome church family. I had a feeling that Kevin would likely participate better without me and with someone that would be familiar to him and help him have fun. This gives me the opportunity to get to know some of the other parents in the group. I've already been taking advantage of the parent support to gain more information as a special needs parent...especially in relation to Kevin's pre and post surgery.

Abby on the left. Kellie the dance instructor on the right. 

The spring dance season started off with a big Valentine's Day Party with all the dance classes.
Roses are Red, Violets are Blue
My name is Kevin. How do you do?

Kevin is participating in Dance Class A which meets every other week. We are also trying Dance Class B that meets on the off weeks. So he is now going to dance class once a week.

After the second week I used Kevin's Talker to tell him that he did a GOOD job at DANCE. Kevin responded on his Talker by saying LIKE! And he does seem to be enjoying the dance class a little more with his dance helper. This makes me very happy!


The first two weeks, Abby and I helped Kevin together which was easier since he was still non-weight bearing after his foot surgery. But now Abby is handling Kevin very well and she has really impressed me. I feel very blessed that she is helping us!





No comments:

Post a Comment