Sunday, August 6, 2017

4 Weeks after Hip Surgery

We knew the plan for Kevin was to start intensive therapy at six weeks after surgery for maybe two months. But we didn't know yet if he would be in the all-day or inpatient intensive therapy program. At about the three week mark, regardless if he would be overnight in the hospital or come home at the end of the day, I realized I wouldn't have time to make Kevin's meals while he was in therapy. So I started cooking and freezing meals. I had my Tuesday helper one of those days to help me and my brother and niece another day. After six big days of cooking, I have three meals a day for two months of Kevin's meals in our freezer. 



Kevin's bright orange casts were removed four weeks after surgery. My brother came to visit a couple days before the cast removal so that we could get Kevin to the appointment in his van...and help with one of the cooking marathon days.



Kevin kept the bar from his casts
Kevin's a one person transfer again!
Kevin sleeping in the Hyperbaric after the casts came off
Kevin liked getting his legs in the water
We moved Kevin's bed back to his bedroom upstairs a few days later

No comments:

Post a Comment