Friday, May 10, 2019

Biking in a Circle of Love

Last summer, my sister ran into a friend from high school. Her son, Kyle is about the same age as Kevin and has similar needs. During one of our visits I had Kevin's adapted trike with us and offered to let Kyle try it out...and he loved it! My nephew Ryan chose to create an adapted trike bike for Kyle as his senior project for a high school engineering design and development class. I hope you can click (or copy and paste) on the links below that show pictures and the best heart-warming, feel-good video you will watch of Kyle and his family receiving the bike from Ryan and his friend. You don't want to miss Kyle's smile and laughter of joy!

It's probably not a coincidence that yesterday...about the same time that Ryan was presenting Kyle with his new adapted trike...Kevin and I returned the adapted trike that he had outgrown to the family that gave it to us. We met when our boys were babies! They adopted a daughter and thought she might benefit from learning to ride on it. While we were there I told her the story about how this adapted trike has given so much to both these boys...even if indirectly for Kyle. She shared with the me the story of how she originally bought the bike from a family in New York and the trip she and her son took with her parents to pick it up.

I love to get a small glimpse of how God works!

It's all a bike wheel of love!


https://www.facebook.com/ButlerTech/videos/590184111491316/

https://www.butlertech.org/adaptive-bike-created-by-bt-engineering-student/



No comments:

Post a Comment