Monday, February 8, 2010

2009 February Reflection

The autumn season used to be my favorite time of year. But after beginning Kevin’s Program, winter quickly turned into my favorite time of year because we don’t mind being “stuck” in the house with the cold weather. We enjoy doing our program and watching it snow outside. Jon & I have always said that Kevin makes great progress in the winter months because the pace of life is slower and we have less to distract us from Kevin’s goal. But after this reflection I think it goes a bit further than that.
This year, as Kevin achieved another milestone in the month of February, I began to reflect that since being on “the program” the month of February has begun to have significant meaning for us. And then when I reflected further back I found a few more significant events that happened in the month of February. And as I reflected on this new found realization I first came to the conclusion that these significant events that have happened in the month of February are God’s sign of love to me…appropriately given during the month that we celebrate love.
 February 1996 – Jon asked me to marry him…I finally got the proposal I had been waiting for.
 February 2004 – I received the good news that I was pregnant, at last.
 February 2006 – We attended Dr. Nemeh’s Healing Service, shortly after we discovered Glenn Doman and are still reaping the benefits.
 February 2007 – Kevin was finally able to sit up independently.
 February 2008 – Kevin finally achieved the ability to creep on his hands and knees.
 February 2009 – Kevin has taken his first steps.
Now after writing this I realize that all these events were something that I had been anxiously awaiting and spending lots of time in prayer on. Each event had a tremendous amount of prayer involved, not only from me but from all of those who knew my heart’s desire. I know that I could never wrap my head around the number of people who pray for Kevin…and I am so grateful!
I realize something else; none of these events were the “end result.” They were all signs of hope, of good things to come, just like we experience in the month of February, with Easter and the season of spring around the corner.
Thanks for listening. I was just excited about this reflection and wanted to share it with you.
 Ecclesiastes 3:1
 Philippians 4:13
 Matthew 18:20
Love,
 Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment