Monday, April 29, 2013

Walking Better on April 2, 2013

We took Kevin's new stroller to the mall to test out for the first time, and he barely used it, which was fine with me.  Look at him go!  I think the walking track is definitely helping his left foot from turning in. It looks to me like he is correcting his left foot while he is walking.


Unfortunately, I should probably report that about a week after this video we noticed Kevin turning in his left foot again and toe walking.  We are trying to determine if maybe his shoe size is too small in the left shoe.  Kevin's left foot is currently measuring just below an 11 and he has been wearing an 11 shoe (with orthotics and wedge) and his right foot is measuring just below a 12 and he has been wearing a 12.5 shoe.  So we are trying the other 12.5 left shoe to see if that makes a difference.  So thankful that we have our revisit next week and can hopefully get this sorted out so Kevin can keep making good progress with his left foot and walking. 

2 comments:

  1. Karen,

    while Kevin was walking thru the mall I noticed that he did it in a relaively straight line. He didn't veer from one side to the other or favor one side in particular. I would think that is something worth while also.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dad! Putting it in my report.

    ReplyDelete