Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Kevin likes the Dirt!

Our first Vegetable Garden! My brother has been telling us for years that we should turn our backyard into a big vegetable garden. When he first started mentioning it we had no extra time to try to tend and grow a garden during the early years of Kevin's intense program.  Then a couple years ago I started keeping some herbs in a planter off the front porch.  And then last year I added a cucumber plant.  So this year, I felt ready to try a real vegetable garden.  We took Kevin's old wood carpeted bumpers that he used to crawl over and turned them into a raised vegetable garden.  It was true, that we did not have much time to tend to a garden before now, but another truth is that I had always envisioned keeping the backyard open so one day Kevin could play outside.  So you can imagine my delight when we were filling up the raised bed with dirt and Kevin was very happy playing with his Mickey Mouse shovel and digging in the dirt.  Kevin is a real boy...he likes the dirt!  So who knew...that the backyard I envisioned Kevin playing in has come to life. Thanks Steve! 
 


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment