Sunday, January 15, 2017

Novena - Sunday, January 15, 2017


I am blessed to be able to surround myself with so many faith-filled family and friends. I have a group of friends that get together on Monday evenings and we call ourselves the Wild Goose Sisters (WGS). Wild Goose is a Celtic name for the Holy Spirit that we learned about when doing a video series with Fr. Dave Pivonka called The Wild Goose is Loose. My WGS have been supporting me in prayer in these days leading up to Kevin's surgery date. They even hosted a lovely afternoon lunch for me on Saturday and prayed over me.

As they prayed over me yesterday, they prayed that Christ's cloak and our Blessed Mother Mary's arms would be wrapped around me and to think of that on Monday. Well later in the day, my sister (my real sister) sent a gift with my parents and it was one of those blanket scarves. When I read my sister's note, I thought of Mary's arms and Christ's cloak again because she said to use the scarf on Monday at the hospital and to wrap myself in it to comfort me...kinda sounds like a hug and a cloak to me! Wow! Amazing! After being prayed over by my WGS I also felt my Bubbie's (Grandma) presence. I mentioned her in a conversation I was having with one of the ladies. Then when we sat down for the lovely lunch that was prepared for us, Bubbie was there in the memories that she had given me through the food - chicken noodle soup, sausage, and kolachky cookies.

The WGS will be praying a Novena for Kevin beginning today, Sunday, January 15 for nine days and ending on Monday, January 23. If you would like to, please pray with us.

Please invoke the intercession of St. Kevin, St. George (Kevin's middle name), and St. Gianna, who was both a pediatric doctor and a mother. 

Here is the Novena Prayer for the Healing of Kevin:

Dear St. Kevin, St. George and St. Gianna, we humbly yet sincerely ask you to please ask our heavenly Father to heal Kevin's ankle, and to offer guidance and clarity of mind to his medical team and peace to Jon and Karen.

Father God, we humbly come to You in hope and faith, trusting in Your loving and divine mercy. Through the intercession of St. Kevin, St. George, and St. Gianna, we humbly ask that You cover Kevin's body with Your healing balm. Let him feel the power of Your healing hand upon his limbs. Let his smile touch the hearts of those around him, especially those distant from You, and through him bring all closer to each other and to You. Use his suffering and his healing to reveal Your glory that was there when You created him, perfect in Your image, and is still there today. May he look into the mirror filled with hope and, turning around, reflect that hope to others. Please also guide his doctors and nurses in their work, and shower Kevin's parents and extended family with Your peace.

Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayers and answering them according to Your divine plan and loving will.

Our Father...
Hail Mary...
Glory Be...

St. Kevin, pray for us
St. George, pray for us
St. Gianna, pray for us

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful prayer! I'm praying it! Love You,

    Debbie Young

    ReplyDelete