Friday, November 3, 2017

Take a Bite

On Grandma Day, Kevin and I often like to share a meal with her before she heads back home. A favorite place we like to dine at is the Cafe at Mustard Seed Market, a health food store. I always bring Kevin's meals with us when we eat out, but at the Cafe I've checked and double checked that the sweet potato fries are safe for Kevin. So he usually gets the fries as a treat when we eat at the cafe. But every time, we have to tell him to "take a bite" or "bite it off". He couldn't get the concept of taking a bite off the fry instead of shoving the whole thing in his mouth. Same thing when eating a banana. These are treat foods and there aren't many foods that Kevin got to practice this technique on but for some reason on this particular day...17 days after his 13th birthday (Grandpa H.'s birthday)...he picked up a fry and took a bite. I think I'm liking this teen thing!




No comments:

Post a Comment