Sunday, February 25, 2018

Thank You Grandee & Pap!

We are so thankful that my Mom and Dad have been able to come up to visit during all three of Kevin's surgeries. I told them they are our reward for going through surgery and recovery to have them here with us! If you are keeping track like me...this was Grandee & Pap's 6th visit to our house in 13 months.

They arrived the day before the surgery and we went out to a favorite winery which relaxed us all and brought on the smiles. They were a big help talking to Kevin about the surgery and as you could see in the pictures I posted on the day of surgery how calm he was with them. Prayers Work! 

I was especially grateful that they were here for a few days after surgery because on Tuesday afternoon I didn't feel well...I was really tired and achy. Mom sent me upstairs to take a rest and because Kevin was so easy to transfer I knew they could handle him. Later I came downstairs and everyone was gone! I was very puzzled how they managed to get Kevin out of the house and down steps...but so glad they got him out in the wheelchair on a 70 degree day in February. I ended up sleeping for 12 hours that night and missed the dinner my Mom made (the leftovers were delicious). It wasn't until later in the day on Wednesday that I started to feel better. I'm so grateful that I was able to get the rest I needed at that time. I think me not feeling well was God's way of slowing me down and getting me to take a rest. Kevin was recovering very quickly and had no pain...I might have overdone it with him had I been feeling better. 

The next night, our last night with Mom and Dad was so fun! After dinner we stayed at the table and played some games with Kevin - Hungry Hippos and the LCR dice game. Lots of fun and laughs. We took a break from watching Disney movies and watched a music concert with Sugarland and a couple of our favorite songs by Andy Grammar...one of Kevin's favorites!  








No comments:

Post a Comment