Sunday, April 28, 2019

Emma - Spring Break 2019

My niece wanted to earn money for summer camp. I told her we were willing to pay her to come and stay with us for a week and help me with some work. I specifically wanted help to cook and freeze meals for Kevin. I like to keep meals in the freezer that I can grab when we leave town...one less thing to do before packing to leave town. I also learned that it's very beneficial to have meals in the freezer for when Jon and I are both sick and in no shape to do any cooking. I used up all my reserves (because Jon and I were both sick) right before Emma came for her work visit during her spring break. Emma and I prepped and cooked and bagged 126 meals...6 weeks worth of food for Kevin. She worked hard and tirelessly...and I loved our time together. One day we were in the kitchen for about 10 hours. I gave her the option to stay home the next day and do a couple little things for me or she could come to Kevin's long therapy day with us. Kevin has four therapies back to back and then we drive to dance class. She decided to come with us and proceeded to keep working on the little things I was going to have her do the next day. She also did a lot of baking while she was here, I now have banana bread in the freezer to use when we have visitors. I was so impressed and proud of my niece. She had been here to visit us a couple years ago and helped me in the kitchen with a few things. I noticed a significant difference in the couple years and how much more responsible and grown up she is becoming. She turned 16 years old the week after her visit. As much as I dread how fast time goes with kids...I have to admit that I am enjoying seeing her grow up and become a beautiful, caring, kind, compassionate young lady. 

She loved my favorite breakfast joint

Baking while I was resting on the couch :)

Five crock pots of chicken...and six more
crock pots of food the next night.

Playing ball with Kevin during PT

Bingo with environmental signs in ABA

Dance helper!

No comments:

Post a Comment